2017/18 Schools Audits
The Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) have now produced the results into the 2017/18 Schools Audit which can be seen by clicking on the link here.
This audit was carried out by the NSCB in accordance with the details given in Working Together 2015 below, and was provided in an Excel spreadsheet, for completion by the School. Template copies can be found below.
Working Together 2015 covers:
• the legislative requirements and expectations on individual services to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; and
• a clear framework for Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) to monitor the effectiveness of local services
Schools and Colleges
10. The governing bodies, management committees or proprietors of the following schools have duties in relation to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils:
• Maintained Schools (including maintained nursery schools), further education colleges and sixth form colleges, and pupil referral units;
• Independent schools (including academy schools, free schools and alternative provision academies); and
• Non maintained special schools
11. In order to fulfil their safeguarding duties, these bodies should have in place the arrangements set out in chapter 2, paragraph 4.
12. Schools and colleges must also have regard to the statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education (2015), which provides further guidance as to how they should fulfil their duties in respect of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in their care.
The outcomes will now be used to inform local training needs and ensure schools receive the right information to meet their specific needs regarding the safeguarding of children and young people in their care. The audit has ensured that all schools are aware of and are implementing the recommendations made as a result of recent Serious Case Review (SCR) findings in Northamptonshire.
Upon completing the audit, all schools have a concise document to evidence the outcomes that can be passed to the Board of Governors. Schools also have an automatically populated school action plan to address any areas you may not be fully compliant with.
Last updated: 24 November 2017