Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP) is a statutory multi-agency partnership lead by three strategic leads as stipulated in Working Together 2018, these being Northamptonshire County Council, Northamptonshire Police and Nene & Corby Clinical Commissioning Group.
The purpose of the partnership is to support and enable local agencies to work together in a system where:
- Excellent practice is the norm
- Partner agencies hold one another to account effectively
- There is early identification of “new” safeguarding issues
- Learning is promoted and embedded
- Information is shared effectively
- The public can feel confident that children are protected from harm
In addition, the Safeguarding Partnership’s values are:
- A child centred approach to safeguarding ensuring their voice is heard and understood;
- Effective ways to identify and support children and families who would benefit from early help;
- A culture of continuous review and learning; and
- Constructive and mutual challenge between partners to keep children safe.
All partners are expected to support this and to deliver the highest standard of service. We all share responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, whether as a parent or family member, a friend or neighbour, an employer, or as a paid or volunteer worker.
This section of our website provides information about the role, structure and membership of the Partnership.
Last updated: 15 August 2019