Training for Police staff
The Safeguarding E-Academy has developed a specific 'Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect' e-learning course for Police staff.
By completing this e-learning module you will:
- Understand the various types of child abuse and neglect
- Identify the signs and what to look for
- Know what steps to take if there is a suspicion of abuse
- Know what to do if a child or adult discloses abuse
- Understand the importance of keeping records
What does the course cover?
- Learning Objectives and Introduction
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
How long will it take me?
The course will take you about an hour although people will learn at different speeds so you can save your progress and come back to it at another time.
How do I apply?
Last updated: 14 March 2015