Resident wanted to join NSCB
Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) is recruiting one Northamptonshire resident to become a 'Lay Member' of the Board.
This is a great opportunity to help make sure that Northamptonshire agencies are effectively safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people across the county.
We are looking for someone who has some knowledge of local child safety issues and can:
- help the Board to make better links with local community groups;
- challenge the Board to make policies and procedures more accessible to the public;
- act as an independent, yet informed observer; and
- ask questions that safeguarding professionals might not think of asking.
You do not need any particular qualifications or experiences to apply for this position.
The Board would like to widen its membership to reflect the population of Northamptonshire, so applications are particularly welcome from individuals representing the views of diverse communities.
The main duties will be to:
- attend and contribute to half day NSCB meetings and participate in a small number of relevant Working Groups or Sub-groups of the NSCB as appropriate;
- attend the NSCB Annual Conference ;
- actively support stronger public engagement in local child safety issues and contribute to an improved understanding of the NSCB’s child protection work in the wider community;
- challenge the NSCB to make their plans and procedures more accessible to the public, children and young people; and
- help to make links between the NSCB and community groups.
Recruitment and selection:
The Lay Member will be appointed following an interview process. Statutory checks including a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be carried out for appointment to this role. One personal and one professional reference will also be taken up.
Applicants will be required to disclose any previous personal involvement in the child protection process although it should be noted that this would not necessarily constitute a barrier to appointment.
Successful applicants will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement before taking up the role.
Apply for this role:
The closing date for applications is 6 April 2015.
Please download and print out the application form using the link below and post it back to the address on the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Claire De Gidlow at the NSCB Business Office on 01604 364036 or email CGidlow@northamptonshire.gov.uk
Last updated: 19 March 2015